To get ready for the holiday season we created a set of DIY marble dipped mason jars to serve decadent dessert drinks.
We were curious to try the marble dipping technique and with the holidays coming up we decided making a subtle yet sparkly set of dessert drink glasses would be the perfect project to give it a go. We wanted a sophisticated look but didn’t want to spend too much on this project so we decided our glasses of choice would be mason jars.
We ordered a set of mason jars and found gold mirror spray paint and white spray paint we already had in the garage so we did this DIY project on the super cheap. We went outside and managed to knock out creating our own custom set of dessert glasses in half and hour. It was a fun experiment!
Just to be sure our DIY Dipped Mason Jars you know, “work” and drinks look and taste good in these dessert drink glasses, we decided to give them a test run and fill them with the most decadent and rich frozen coffee drink ever made. And it was delicious and we drank every last bit.
How We Made DIY Marble Dipped Mason Jars
- Rust-Oleum Gold Mirror Spray Paint
- Rust Oleum Ultra Cover Flat White Spray Paint
- Ball Pint Jar (Set of 12)
- Painter’s Tape
- Container Filled With Water
*This post contains a few affiliate links. You can read our disclosure policy here.
1. First we wanted to create a gold rim around the top of the jar so we used painter’s tape to tape off the entire jar except for the small area we wanted to be gold.
2. We used gold mirror effect spray paint and painted the exposed glass.
3. Then, we removed all of the tape and had a nice gold stripe around the top of the mason jar.
4. We filled an old plastic tub with water and then sprayed the gold spray paint on one end and the white spray paint on the other end of the tub. We used a straw to swirl the two colors together.
8. Finally, we took our mason jar and quickly dunked it straight into the paint in the water and pulled it straight back up. We tried not to double dip the jar. It took a few jars to start getting the look we wanted.
How yummy do these drinks look? The gold and white marbled effect turned these plain mason jars into glasses worthy of a holiday party.
I’m starting to wonder if we made these DIY marble dipped mason jars for the sole reason to drink that many calories. Oh well, worth it.
Like this idea and want to save it for later? Pin it by hovering over the image and clicking the P.